Linked Data for Countries (TWC RPI Instance Hub)

From: John Erickson <erickj4@rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 07:19:14 -0400
To: public-gld-wg@w3.org
Hi GLD'ers!

During Thursday's GLD call there was some discussion w.r.t. referring
to countries, and in particular the lack of canonical URIs for
countries, the lack of a registry of sameAs for common country
identifiers, etc.

This has also come up esp. in our IOGDS work <http://bit.ly/sHxcKd>;
as a step toward a solution we have extended our "Instance Hub" to
include a "countries" category. See
<http://logd.tw.rpi.edu/id/country_page> for an overview of the
countries; click into a given country --- say,
<http://logd.tw.rpi.edu/id/country_page/Central_African_Republic> ---
for a preview of the data that is linked in.

The Linked Data for the whole set is available from the IH Categories
page <http://logd.tw.rpi.edu/id_page> or directly via
<http://logd.tw.rpi.edu/source/twc-rpi-edu/file/instance-hub-countries/version/2012-May-09/conversion/twc-rpi-edu-instance-hub-countries-2012-May-09.e1.ttl>

Suggestions are welcome!

--