Re: Dataset catalog vocabulary: Why no dct:language in DCAT?

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:34:17 +0000
Cc: public-gld-wg@w3.org
To: John Erickson <olyerickson@gmail.com>
John,

On 15 Nov 2011, at 16:38, John Erickson wrote:
> I tweeted this earlier, but I'll go old skool too:
>
> Does anyone know why dct:language is not part of #DCAT <http://t.co/loHgJejt>
>
> @cygri any thoughts?

It didn't come up enough in our original review of data catalogs.

That review was very much focused on English-language catalogs because that's pretty much all that was around at that time. With Open Data spreading to more and more countries, and aggregated catalogs becoming more prevalent, I think there's a good case for adding it.

John would you mind raising an issue for this in the tracker?

Best,
Richard