Dataset catalog vocabulary: Why no dct:language in DCAT?

From: John Erickson <olyerickson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:38:48 -0500
To: public-gld-wg@w3.org
I tweeted this earlier, but I'll go old skool too:

Does anyone know why dct:language is not part of #DCAT <http://t.co/loHgJejt>

@cygri any thoughts?

The reason I'm asking is mostly curiosity; we're refining our IOGDS
<http://t.co/7HPOldN> and will be adding dct:language the Catalog
level, first for statistics purposes and then as a browsable facet.
dct:language is in our metadata model, but as an "enhancement" that
gets added after scraping and first-pass conversion. The person doing
that work has noted the predominant languages (approx 16 across 116
catalogs from over 36 countries and international organizations) but
we don't have it "in the graph" (yet)...

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
Director, Web Science Operations