Re: window.ondevicemotion + window.ondeviceorientation

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Doug Turner <doug.turner@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that webkit has implemented on* handlers off of window
> object for device motion and device orientation.  These are not
> included in the draft spec.
>
> Is this something we want to standardized on?  I am somewhat tempted
> to support these handlers because there are sites already using them,
> but I do really dislike having handlers on window.

I'd be ok with removing them from the spec but, looking at the HTML5
spec, it seems that such event handler attributes are defined for most
(all?) new events defined there. So if the HTML5 spec does this, so
should we? Ian, would you please be able to advice on this: must all
newly defined DOM events also have corresponding event handler
attributes?

Thanks,
Andrei