Re: [Filter Effects][css3-transforms] Using MathML for formulas

Hi Dirk,

I think (hope) this is just a (common) misunderstanding of output vs input.

The short version: the option "MathML" essentially deactivates MathJax
rendering of MathML content, hence we give a warning. If the page initially
loaded fine, there's no issue. If you had MathPlayer installed, you
shouldn't see the warning.

The long version: MathJax supports various ways to input and output
mathematical content -- where output means "rendering MathML properly in
all browsers". In other words, MathJax always converts the input into
MathML (if necessary) and then renders that MathML.

The page http://www.mathjax.org/demos/mathml-samples/ demonstrates the
MathML input option as well as the various "output" rendering options. The
dropdown menu allows you to switch the "output" / rendering mechanism that
MathJax uses to display the MathML correctly.

When you choose "MathML" in that dropdown menu, you switch the output
rendering to "native MathML" output -- this essentially means that MathJax
will *not* do the rendering but rather passes the MathML over to the
browser to be rendered.

Due to the limitations of native MathML support in browsers, MathJax warns
the user when this "non"-rendering option is chosen. For the special case
of IE, the warning includes the advice that IE requires MathPlayer for
"native" MathML rendering.

Hope this helps. Let me know if this is a different issue.

Peter.