Re: [Filter Effects][css3-transforms] Using MathML for formulas

On Apr 24, 2012, at 6:35 AM, Peter Krautzberger wrote:

> Dirk, you wrote
>
> > the script [MathJax] suggests that the MathPlayer plugin is needed to display the formulas on the demo site, even if that is obviously not the case
>
> Could you tell me which page exactly you've seen this on? You wrote http://www.mathjax.org/demos/ in answer to Paul's inquiry, but that seems unlikely to me (for lack of mathematical content).
>
> If I would have to guess, it was http://www.mathjax.org/demos/mathml-samples/ and you used the special menu on that page to switch to native MathML rendering.
You are right, sorry. Let me clarify at the bottom.

> When switching the rendering mechanism (as can also be done via the MathJax context menu btw), MathJax does indeed give a warning if a browser does not have MathML capabilities (for the content will most likely be distorted for reasons outside of MathJax's control).
>
> However, this warning should not appear on IE if MathPlayer is installed, so we'd be interested in hearing more about it.

I used IE 9 and cleared browsing history. After that I went to http://www.mathjax.org/demos/mathml-samples/ and selected MathML, since that would be integrated into the specs. But when I do that, I get the pop up that the MathPlayer plugin in is required. Which is obviously not the case, since the homepage does include MathML content as well.

Greetings,
Dirk