W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > June 2009

TELECON AGENDA - 17 June 2009

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:19:25 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF1F6266F0.056016B9-ON882575D7.00800760-882575D7.00801FAC@ca.ibm.com>
Regrets so far: None
Start Time: 10:45am Eastern US (15:45Z, except 14:45Z during US DST)
Duration: 90 minutes

Previous minutes: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0030.html
IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-forms-minutes.html

Virtual face to face: http://www.w3.org/2009/06/11-forms-minutes.html

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Steven, Erik, MarkB, Ulrich/Sebastian, Charlie, Kenneth, Nick

Raman?, Susan?, Rafael/Rogelio? 

Action Items: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0044.html

AGENDA ITEMS:
=============
* = be ready to discuss
+ = discuss time permitting

Reports, Etc.
-------------
Upcoming telecons

Next FtF
Summer regrets: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/32219/formsabsence2009/

The Forms Newsletter/News items

XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1

Rich Web Application Backplane

Administrative Issues
---------------------
Fix our shortname issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

W3C Spec matrix
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0071.html
- Discussed on Nov. 26, 2008


PROGRESS ON WORKING GROUP GOALS
===============================
* XForms 1.1 Issues
-------------------
- PR Transition Request needed
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0048.html
 
- dispatch with delay question

  Do we really need more specificity here?
  Last week, we ended up asking Kenneth to go make a table, but 
  is such a table really needed in the spec?
  Worth looking at what the spec does say before concluding it needs
  to say more:
  
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.1/index-diff.html#action-dispatch

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Jun/0006.html

- RNG schema
  Schemas from XFV: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Jun/0014.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0022.html
 
Advancing XForms for HTML
-------------------------
- Assertions
- Examples
- Test Suite

- Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0044.html
 
* Forms Rechartering Discussion
-------------------------------
Writing a Charter Draft from the Future Goals Content
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Future_Goals

The existing working group members have varied interests that span these 
thematic clusters.

We need to discuss what of this could go into a new charter, 
whether to recharter as Forms or under a new name,
what spec(s) will form the deliverables,
and how/when do we make a call for membership/interest in participating?

 
* XForms Future Features
------------------------
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Future_Goals

Recently Appearing on the List:

- Data-driven switch
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0025.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0024.html
 
- Alternative schema engines
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0017.html

- External models and model fragments
  Long thread filled with technical solution proposals.
  Ignoring solutions, the most number of requirements appears to be
  captured in these link:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0042.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0049.html
 
- The option of using XPath 2.0
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0046.html
 
- Node creation functions
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Jun/0045.html
 
=============================================

[[Magic for irc channel:

/invite zakim
zakim, this will be forms
/invite rrsagent
rrsagent, make log public

Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
...
ACTION: <someone> to <something>
...

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
actions?

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back

]]
Received on Tuesday, 16 June 2009 23:20:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:51 UTC