W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > April 2009

Re: TELECON AGENDA - 29 Apr 2009

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:08:10 +0100
Message-ID: <ed77aa9f0904290708o7c44605ap809e1b820d0e059c@mail.gmail.com>
To: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: public-forms@w3.org
Hi John,

There won't be a webBackplane attendee today, I'm afraid.

I've seen the previous minutes about the FtF, and since I wont' be at
the telecon, here is some information.


VENUE

I see that Charlie has confirmed the room at IBM for the face-to-face,
so that's great. Does he have a contact there that I should liaise
with, just in case there is anything that needs to be done this side?

Also, are people expecting to eat lunch at IBM, or would you like to
go out? There are plenty of places very close by, so we wouldn't
necessarily lose much time, but if if the weather is nice it would be
great to eat by the river. I know that John doesn't like us taking
breaks that are longer than 15 minutes, but I can do some
reconnaissance if we think it's an option to go out.


HOTEL INFORMATION

Also, I see that Steven has linked to his London-info site. Is that
sufficient for everyone, or are you expecting that I list some
specific, nearby hotels, as well? I can update the wiki with more
information if you like.


A SOCIAL EVENT?

Another question is whether people could give me an idea of when they
plan to arrive and leave, so that we could see if it's worth doing
something social/touristy together at the beginning or end of the
session (we could meet up on the Sunday before, for example). There's
plenty we could do, so if there is interest I'll start to think of
options.

(And if people have things that they'd like to do or see, and I can
start to make some arrangements.)


AN XFORMS EVENING

Finally, I'm trying to get a local events organising company to help
me put on a small XForms event, probably on the evening of Tuesday,
June 9th. After seeming to go off track, it looks like it might now be
back on track. I'll keep you posted, but I'm hoping that we can do
something similar to the XTech event we did a few years ago.

(I'm assuming that it would be too difficult to organise the event
within IBM, but if that's an option -- at least as a back-up -- then
please let me know.)


ANYTHING ELSE?

I've almost certainly missed something that needs to be done for the
FtF, so please let me know if I have.

Thanks!

Regards,

Mark

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 6:05 AM, John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> Regrets so far: None
> Start Time: 10:45am Eastern US (15:45Z, except 14:45Z during US DST)
> Duration: 90 minutes
>
> Previous minutes:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Apr/0010.html
> IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2009/04/22-forms-minutes.html
>
> Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
> Steven, Erik, Nick, MarkB/Paul, Ulrich/Sebastian, Charlie
>
> Kenneth/MarkS?, Raman?, Susan?, Rafael/Rogelio?
>
> AGENDA ITEMS:
> =============
> * = be ready to discuss
> + = discuss time permitting
>
> Reports, Etc.
> -------------
> Upcoming telecons
>
> Next FtF
>
> The Forms Newsletter/News items
>
> XForms 1.1
> Implementation report progress
>
> XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1
>
> Rich Web Application Backplane
>
>
> Action Items
> ------------
> Action Item List:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0052.html
>
> Administrative Issues
> ---------------------
> XSLTForms to list of implementations
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Apr/0002.html
>
> Fix our shortname issue
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
> http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions
>
> W3C Spec matrix
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0071.html
> - Discussed on Nov. 26, 2008
>
>
> PROGRESS ON WORKING GROUP GOALS
> ===============================
>
> Issue Classification
> ----------------------
>
> * XForms 1.1 Completion
> -----------------------
> * Issues
> - - - -
> - When to use resource attribute
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0028.html
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2009Mar/0000.html
>
> * Test suite changes
> - - - - - - - - - -
> - Modifications from action items on various group members
>
> - Non-XHTML in test suite
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Apr/0011.html
>
> - What are the remaining obstacles to XForms 1.1 advancement?
>
> 3.3.1.c3 Multiple schemas single namespace (have one, need one)
> 4.2.4.a xforms-model-destruct after submission (have one, need one)
> 8.1.a navindex and accesskey (have one, need one)
>
> 8.1.6.a mediatype attribute on upload (have one, need one)
> 8.1.6.b incremental attribute on upload (have one, need one)
> 8.1.6.d data binding restriction for upload (have one, need one)
> 8.1.10.a selection attribute on select (have one, need one)
>
> 10.4.f delete action and repeat element (need two)
> 11.1.v includenamespaceprefixes attr on submission (have one, need one)
>
> 11.9.p mailto multipart-post submission (have none, need one?)
> 11.9.q mailto form-data-post submission (have one, need zero?)
>
> 11.9.4.b delete submission deletes a file (have none, need one?)
>
>
>
> Advancing XForms for HTML
> -------------------------
> - Assertions
> - Examples
> - Test Suite
>
> - Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0044.html
>
> * XForms 1.2 Features
> ---------------------
> - Context everywhere, context on bind
> - Data driven switch
> - case()
> - Better expression of default trigger
> - submissions that put and get binary resources
> - setting submission method default to "get"
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Feb/0065.html
> - Ability to suppress RRRR on submission completion
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0007.html
> - Lazy authoring improvement: empty instance exists even if no refs
>
> - repeat and relevance/enabled/disabled
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Mar/0007.html
>
>
> Review Possibilities
> JSON submissions?
> submission to a "new" window?
> mediatype="text/html" on textarea for rich text content?
> XML Events 2?
> Dialogs?
> Model improvements (optional, nested, external/src, exceptions)?
> UI event notification improvements?
> See older issues below?
>
> Analyzing Modularization for AJAX Programmers
> ---------------------------------------------
>
> Modularization of XForms based on markup seemed at one point a necessary
> step of decoupling modules against which APIs could be written.
> However, the working group now wants to approach the problem by starting
> with the needed APIs and letting the modularization requirements follow.
>
> XForms 2.0
> ----------
>
> Refactor dependencies to detect automatic rebuild conditions and reduce
> circular dependencies
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/att-0069/2008-05-28.html#topic6
>
> Review possibilities
>
> Older issues
> ------------
> Currency data values, etc.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Sep/0041.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Sep/0043.html
>
> Validity notification on initial or hidden data
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008May/0015.html
> - Isn't it about time we add an xforms-control-initialize event?
> - Seems we need it for modularization to work right
> - Defer to face to face meeting
>
> The xforms-link-exception
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0001.html
> Discussed Aug. 20, 2008. Need to dispatch xforms-link-error to
> instance rather than link-exception to model. For legacy, if the
> link-error bubbles up to model, it could throw link-exception, but
> then the author can prevent the exception by cancelling the error
> Note: xforms-link-error is not currently cancellable
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0003.html
>
> xforms-submit-done response-body and host language submission result
> targeting
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0048.html
> Discussed 21 May 2008; perhaps only for replace="none"
> Concern was about efficiency.  Could add "want-response-body" default false
> in
> xforms-submit, then if turned true the response-body would be non-empty in
> the
> xforms-submit-done.  Host language could then push response-body content to
> a new window.
>
> xforms-submit-serialize receives empty submission-body value
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0061.html
> Discussed 03 Dec 2008; decided to allow future version feature that
> helps control whether submission body is empty on start
> Context info of xforms-submit could provide a writable flag
>
>
> =============================================
>
> [[Magic for irc channel:
>
> /invite zakim
> zakim, this will be forms
> /invite rrsagent
> rrsagent, make log public
>
> Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
> Agenda: <url of this message>
> Chair: <whoever>
> Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
> Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
> Topic: <topic 1>
> ... minutes ...
> Resolution: ... resolution ...
> Topic: <topic 2>
> ...
> ACTION: <someone> to <something>
> ...
>
> Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/
>
> *** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
> actions?
>
> *** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
> zakim, bye
>
> *** rrsagent dismissal
> rrsagent, make minutes
> rrsagent, bye
>
> *** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
> *** are made, just invite rrsagent back
>
> ]]



-- 
Mark Birbeck, webBackplane

mark.birbeck@webBackplane.com

http://webBackplane.com/mark-birbeck

webBackplane is a trading name of Backplane Ltd. (company number
05972288, registered office: 2nd Floor, 69/85 Tabernacle Street,
London, EC2A 4RR)
Received on Wednesday, 29 April 2009 14:08:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:50 UTC