W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > November 2008

TELECON AGENDA - 12 NOV 2008

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:54:11 -0800
To: public-forms@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF2E82D4D2.3D17F844-ON882574FF.001ACCC2-882574FF.001AEFBB@ca.ibm.com>
Regrets so far: Erik
Start Time: 10:45am Eastern US (15:45Z, except 14:45Z during US DST)
Duration: 90 minutes

Previous minutes: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Nov/0013.html
IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2008/11/05-forms-minutes.html

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Kenneth/MarkS, MarkB/Paul, Raman, Susan, Nick, Keith, 
Ulrich/Sebastian, Rafael/Rogelio, Charlie, Steven, Erik

AGENDA ITEMS:
=============
* = be ready to discuss

REPORTS (5 minutes)
===================
Upcoming telecons

Next FtF

The Forms Newsletter/News items

XForms 1.1
- Submission headers fix
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Oct/0038.html
- Implementation report progress?

XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1

Rich Web Application Backplane


ACTION ITEMS (5 minutes)
=========================
Action Item List:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Oct/0020.html

* Firefox impl report
* Leigh and Kenneth: 1.0 Basic impl report? 

BUG FIX ISSUES (0 minutes)
==========================
XBRL
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008May/0011.html

The meaning of message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0013.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0012.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0011.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0010.html

The repeat-* attributes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2006OctDec/0232.html


ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES (0 minutes)
=================================
Forms Task Force
- Latest: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/2008Jun/0000.html
- Architecture alignment strawman: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0068.html

Fix our shortname issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

Marketing of XForms
Name/Tagline: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jan/0060.html
Community: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jan/0054.html

FUTURE VERSION ISSUES (80 minutes)
==================================
* Streamlined syntax module (continued)
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/streamlined/index-all.html

- Changes to get and set form control values
- The increase() and decrease() operations for repeats
- The declarative model attributes (esp. automatic boolean-from-string())
- Expression context and operations across and down repeats
- submission attributes, esp. prune, source, target
- Additional form control attributes (label, help, hint, alert, etc.)

- Need a primer for authors, referenced in the abstract and intro
  Do we need it before FPWD
- Does the table sample need to be improved with styling
- Need full section on incremental adoption of element modules

- shortname discussion
- FPWD resolution

Responding to Ian Hickson post
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Oct/0049.html

Review of Bind Module
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/model/bind/index-all.html

Review Data Island Module
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/instance/dataIsland/Data-Island-Module.html

Currency data values, etc.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Sep/0041.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Sep/0043.html

Review of XPath Functions Module
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/instance/xpathFunctions/index-all.html
- Review new organization before splitting
- Issues in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Aug/0023.html

We should automate boolean-from-string() on the boolean MIPs (relevant, 
readonly, constraint)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jun/0069.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Feb/0077.html

Validity notification on initial or hidden data
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008May/0015.html
- Isn't it about time we add an xforms-control-initialize event?
- Seems we need it for modularization to work right
- Defer to face to face meeting

The xforms-link-exception
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0001.html
Discussed Aug. 20, 2008. Need to dispatch xforms-link-error to 
instance rather than link-exception to model. For legacy, if the
link-error bubbles up to model, it could throw link-exception, but
then the author can prevent the exception by cancelling the error
Note: xforms-link-error is not currently cancellable
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008Aug/0003.html

xforms-submit-done response-body and host language submission result 
targeting
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0048.html
Discussed 21 May 2008; perhaps only for replace="none"
Concern was about efficiency.  Could add "want-response-body" default 
false in
xforms-submit, then if turned true the response-body would be non-empty in 
the
xforms-submit-done.  Host language could then push response-body content 
to
a new window.

XForms 2.0
----------
Refactor dependencies to detect automatic rebuild conditions and reduce 
circular dependencies
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/att-0069/2008-05-28.html#topic6

Make progress on Model improvements (optional model, nested model, 
external model)
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Make_model_optional
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Nested_models_for_convenient_grouping_and_composition
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Externally_defined_models_with_src_attribute


=============================================

[[Magic for irc channel:

/invite zakim
zakim, this will be forms
/invite rrsagent
rrsagent, make log public

Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
...
ACTION: <someone> to <something>
...

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
actions?

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back

]]
Received on Wednesday, 12 November 2008 04:54:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:49 UTC