W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > July 2008

TELECON AGENDA - 2 July 2008

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 06:53:30 -0700
To: public-forms <public-forms@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OFB966BC48.7EF48EC3-ON8825747A.001C5F4A-8825747A.004C5002@ca.ibm.com>
Regrets so far: Leigh, Keith, Uli
Start Time: 10:45am Eastern US (15:45Z, except 14:45Z during US DST)
Duration: 90 minutes

Previous minutes: http://www.w3.org/2008/06/25-forms-minutes.html
IRC supplement: http://www.w3.org/2008/06/25-forms-minutes.html

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Joern, Blake, Kenneth, David, Rafael, MarkB, MarkS, Raman,
Sebastian, Erik, Susan, Nick, Keith, Ulrich, Rogelio, Charlie

AGENDA ITEMS:
=============
* = be ready to discuss

REPORTS (10 minutes)
===================

Upcoming telecons
- Summer availability questionnaire: 
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/32219/formssummer08/
- Nick to chair July 16 and 23

XForms Event
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jun/0032.html

Next FtF (October 15-16 Virtual, Oct. 20-21 Cannes)
- Overview: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/
- Registration: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/
- Schedule: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Schedule
- Need zakim booking from adminreq@w3.org by 10 October 2008

- Meetings needed? Spread-the-word activities?
webapps (m12n, js lib), HTML, CDF (mustUnderstand), XML Sec

The Forms Newsletter

* XForms 1.1
- Need Appendix E Input Mode changes from Steven
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jun/0024.html
- Need SOAP, encoding and charset changes from John

XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1

Rich Web Application Backplane


ACTION ITEMS (0 minutes)
=========================
Action Item List:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jun/0068.html

BUG FIX ISSUES (0 minutes)
==========================
xsi:nil, XBRL and impact on forms
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0073.html

XBRL
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008May/0011.html

The meaning of message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0013.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0012.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0011.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Jan/0010.html

The repeat-* attributes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2006OctDec/0232.html


ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES (0 minutes)
=================================
XSD 1.1 last call review deadline 12 Sept.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jun/0059.html

Forms Task Force
- Latest: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/2008Jun/0000.html
- Architecture alignment strawman: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Apr/0068.html

Fix our shortname issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

Marketing of XForms
Name/Tagline: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jan/0060.html
Community: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jan/0054.html


FUTURE VERSION ISSUES (80 minutes)
==================================
* Short demonstration of modularization
- Web conference: www.webdialogs.com/join conf code 801862

* Draft Binding Attributes Module
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/specs/XForms1.2/modules/instance/bindingAttributes/index-all.html

* Draft Instance Data Module
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jul/0001.html

* We should automate boolean-from-string() on the boolean MIPs (relevant, 
readonly, constraint)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jun/0069.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Feb/0077.html

Validity notification on initial or hidden data
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2008May/0015.html

The xforms-hide feature suggestion
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008Jun/0035.html

XForms 2.0
----------
Refactor dependencies to detect automatic rebuild conditions and reduce 
circular dependencies
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/att-0069/2008-05-28.html#topic6

Make progress on Model improvements (optional model, nested model, 
external model)
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Make_model_optional
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Nested_models_for_convenient_grouping_and_composition
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Externally_defined_models_with_src_attribute

xforms-submit-done response-body and host language submission result 
targeting
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2008May/0048.html
Discussed 21 May 2008; perhaps only for replace="none"

=============================================

[[Magic for irc channel:

/invite zakim
zakim, this will be forms
/invite rrsagent
rrsagent, make log public

Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference
Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
...
ACTION: <someone> to <something>
...

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
actions?

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back

]]
Received on Wednesday, 2 July 2008 13:54:35 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:48 UTC