readonly on trigger, etc.

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:19:14 -0700
To: public-forms@w3.org
I have an action item to respond to this email:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2007Feb/0055.html

The minutes of the discussion about this email are just above here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-forms/2007JanMar/att-0219/20070321-3.html#ACTION3

The minutes incorrectly attribute to me the statement that I assume that a
readonly trigger cannot be activated because it's greyed out.  Erik said
it's greyed out and I disagreed.  The decision to disable a control or to
hide it are the typical outcomes of CSS styling for relevance, not
readonly.  I assumed a readonly trigger cannot be activated because
activation is the logical analog of providing input to a trigger.

It's unclear whether my assumption is correct or not.  Can you activate a
readonly trigger?

And the bigger question is: does the readonly MIP even apply to trigger?

Does the trigger receive valid/invalid events based on things like
constraints that might beattached to the node referenced by the single
node binding of the trigger?

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher