Re: Proposal for including EXI in XMPP

From: Yusuke DOI <yusuke.doi@toshiba.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:06:37 -0400
To: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
CC: John Schneider <john.schneider@agiledelta.com>, Peter Waher <Peter.Waher@clayster.com>, FABLET Youenn <Youenn.Fablet@crf.canon.fr>, "public-exi@w3.org" <public-exi@w3.org>, "Joachim Lindborg (joachim.lindborg@sust.se)" <joachim.lindborg@sust.se>, XMPP Standards <standards@xmpp.org>, "mact-usa@att.net" <mact-usa@att.net>, Stephen Williams <sdw@lig.net>
Dear folks,

As Peter mentioned, I believe XMPP and EXI should be a good oppotunity
for both parties to make Internet-of-Things with good richness of data
representation (i.e. end-to-end XML datamodel), responsiveness (i.e.
XMPP IM/PubSub), and integration to real-world use cases (i.e.
integration with everyone's IM environment).

As Takuki pointed out, the current proposal may have some impedance
mismatch against current EXI specification. However, I believe the two
groups can work togather to solve the problem. Let me contribute to the
effort.

Best Regards,

// Yusuke DOI <yusuke.doi@toshiba.co.jp>