Re: Object Element Re: WaSP Asks the W3C (2005)

From: Stephanie Troeth <steph@unadorned.org>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:49:50 -0400
To: "'public-evangelist@w3.org' w3. org" <public-evangelist@w3.org>

Hi Anne,

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> It's more an issue with the article than with XHTML 2.0 not? I never
> said I disagreed with XHTML 2.0 here. The consistency they have with
> 'src' is better than breaking that just for 'object' which isn't really
> compatible at all thanks to its different namespace.

I believe this article talks more about the irrelevance of the object
element and backwards-compatibility, there is no strict mention nor
claim of forwards-compatibility apart from mentioning its inclusion in
XHTML 2.0.

Note that XHTML 2.0 is still in a working draft stage - and perhaps this
is the best time to bring up such issues with the HTML working group as
you appear to care about it strongly.

regards,
-steph