Re: XHTML 2.0 and Semantics

From: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: 16 Jan 2003 14:40:42 +0100
To: Tom Gilder <tom@tom.me.uk>
Cc: public-evangelist@w3.org
Le jeu 16/01/2003 ŗ 12:17, Tom Gilder a ťcrit :
> What about having working groups being required to issue a monthly
> newsletter stating what they have done in plain English? Requesting
> feedback on issues?

Being a participant in a WG, I can assure you that the fact that WG have
to publish a draft every 3 months (as required by W3C Process Document)
is already a very heavy requirement compared to the resources available
in WGs. I'm sure that most WG do their best to reply to any issue raised
in the right forum, to document their issues resolution and to highlight
their open issues in their draft, but requiring them to have more formal
communications on all the front is unlikely to happen due to resources
constraint.

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org