Re: XHTML 2.0 and Semantics

From: Tom Gilder <tom@tom.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:17:12 +0000
To: public-evangelist@w3.org

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, 4:40:23 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> This not testable and, hence, is not enforceable, of course. There is
> no way to verify whether _all_ raised issues were addressed because
> there is no practical way to find _all_ raised issues unless WG
> maintains an apropriate interface, such as a bugzilla database (in
> addition to informal mailing lists).

I feel interaction between working groups and the general public could
be improved dramatically.

What about having working groups being required to issue a monthly
newsletter stating what they have done in plain English? Requesting
feedback on issues?

Other than answering questions on the public mailing lists and drafts
from time to time, I feel we actually get reasonably little feedback
directly from the WGs.

And also, couldn't we have scheduled real-time public meetings? Public
IRC discussions? That would allow direct conversation and interaction
between members and the public, and would be fantastic imo.

Cheers
--
Tom Gilder
http://tom.me.uk/