Re: W3C Home page switched to full CSS layout

From: Tristan Nitot <nitot@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:16:30 -0500 (EST)
To: public-evangelist@w3.org

Dominique HazaŰl-Massieux wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>W3C switched today its home page to a full CSS layout instead of the
>previous table-based one. See:
>http://www.w3.org/
>
>The techniques used in this layout has been documented at:
>http://www.w3.org/2002/11/homepage
>It is basically realized through the float property.

Both initiatives are great steps in the right direction. I understand
that in a perfect world these pages should be served using XML content
type, as stated in http://www.hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml . But I also
understand that in such a perfect world, non-perfect browsers would not
exist.

Anyway, I applaude the effort that makes the consortium's web site to be
better aligned to the principles it preaches. not _perfectly_ aligned,
but still.

Kudos to the web team, and specifically, Dom.

You guys rock!

--Tristan

--
Netscape Technology and Standards evangelist, Europe.
http://devedge.netscape.com/    : cross-browser  techniques.