Re: W3C Home page switched to full CSS layout

From: Wesley Moy <wmoy@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:49:04 -0500 (EST)
To: public-evangelist@w3.org

James

I would like to refer, for a moment, to the XHTML 1.0 specification. It
is available on the W3C website at http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1 . I am
not, however, interested so much in the specification itself. The
subtitle is what I would advise you to see.

The subtitle reads, “A Reformulation of HTML 4 in XML 1.0.” While I
understand your argument from a theoretical standpoint, in the fact that
it does take a minute or two to learn how to properly notate <br> and
others in XHTML, there is no fundamental change in the vast majority of
the specification. Unless you are referring to HTML 3.2, 2.0, or 1.0,
there is no real argument for HTML 4 over XHTML 1.

I hope I am not mistaken in any way, but if I am, I would be glad to be
enlightened.

Wes