Re: SWAD Europe Marketing

From: Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:26:11 +0000
To: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: CV Meek <Caroline.Meek@bristol.ac.uk>, public-esw@w3.org

At 11:17 AM 11/29/02 +0000, Libby Miller wrote:
>I rather like these:
>http://shop.store.yahoo.com/elogo/tangletoy.html

Before I read this, I was thinking of something that could also illustrate
the utility of RDF.

I think this tangle toy probably has a number of topological states that:
(a) could be identified using URIs
(b) their relationships could be described using RDF, e.g. in terms of
loop-twists or some suchlike maneouvre
(c) sequences of operations to change from one state to another might be
derived using a standard RDF tool like cwm or Euler.

Do we have a mathematician of sufficient skill to work out the details?

Another thought I had along similar lines was one of those tile puzzles,
where you "move the hole around" to obtain some well-ordered arrangement of
tiles.  (e.g. the RDF-logo?)  Again, linked to RDF descriptions of the
states and solvable using standard off-the-shelf (or off-the-web) RDF tools.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>