Re: PROV for SKOS : Inventory of change activities for SKOS

Hi,

I would like to add another quite different option to this list.

The foundation of this idea is to keep history and tracking of
modification of a thesaurus (and more generally of an RDF graph), in the
same spirit as it's actually done in software engineering via SCM softs
like Git or SVN.

So for each modification you get a "diff" that track down what was
modified at any level (suject, property or object), and create a patch
(a h:change in the model).

So this h:change (or patch) keep track of "the who, the when and
comment", can be send over the network, applied to a shared graph or
multiple synchronized graph, and group into versions or a more global
"history" of the graph.

With two specific "keywords" you can express :
* an operation on all subject, property and/or object and then create
"bulk" changes
* a deletion of a subject, property and/ or and object

This "rdf diff format" is express in RDF, so you get an RDF that track
any CRUD operation on your rdf graphs.

You can find attached some examples extracted from my tests cases.

I actually have a partial implementation in java (applying patches
essentially), and a complete implementation in javascript.

All of this is not totally polished for now, but it's actually running
on this website http://culture-terminology.org/.

I'm really interested in continuing to work on that, an get your
feedbacks, ideas, etc...

++