Re: ANN: Skosify 0.1 - converting RDFS/OWL/SKOS into proper SKOS

From: Jim McCusker <james.mccusker@yale.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 08:46:37 -0400
To: Osma Suominen <osma.suominen@tkk.fi>
Cc: public-esw-thes@w3.org
Do you handle any of the restrictions?

I also convert restrictions of the form "x prop some values of y" into
"x prop y". Unions like (x subclassof union( y,z)) becomes (y
skos:broader x. z skos:broader x) and intersections like (x subclassof
intersection(y,z)) become (x skos:broader y,z).

I'd be happy to merge projects with you regardless. This was a weekend
hack that got out of control for me. :-)

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Osma Suominen <osma.suominen@tkk.fi> wrote:
> On 25.05.2011 18:04, Jim McCusker wrote:
>> On a related note, I have created a similar tool for converting OWL
>> classes into SKOS concepts: http://owltoskos.googlecode.com. The focus
>> is a little different, intended to convert concept-oriented ontologies
>> like NCI Thesaurus into SKOS representations.
> Hello Jim!
> Thanks for the link. Based on a quick inspection your tool appears to
> perform a subset of the things Skosify does. When used with the owl2skos.cfg
> confifuration file provided in the distribution, Skosify will also similarly
> convert OWL ontologies into SKOS. But I haven't tested it with the NCI
> Thesaurus specifically.
> There is an example recipe in the owl2skos.cfg configuration file for
> transforming the DCMI Type vocabulary (which uses RDFS Classes to represent
> the different types) into SKOS.
> Best regards,
> Osma
> --
> Osma Suominen | Osma.Suominen@tkk.fi | +358 40 5255 882
> Aalto University, Department of Media Technology, Semantic Computing
> Research Group
> Room 2541, Otaniementie 17, Espoo, Finland; P.O. Box 15500, FI-00076 Aalto,
> Finland

Jim McCusker
Programmer Analyst
Krauthammer Lab, Pathology Informatics