Re: ANN: Skosify 0.1 - converting RDFS/OWL/SKOS into proper SKOS

On 25.05.2011 18:04, Jim McCusker wrote:
> On a related note, I have created a similar tool for converting OWL
> classes into SKOS concepts: http://owltoskos.googlecode.com. The focus
> is a little different, intended to convert concept-oriented ontologies
> like NCI Thesaurus into SKOS representations.

Hello Jim!

Thanks for the link. Based on a quick inspection your tool appears to
perform a subset of the things Skosify does. When used with the
owl2skos.cfg confifuration file provided in the distribution, Skosify
will also similarly convert OWL ontologies into SKOS. But I haven't
tested it with the NCI Thesaurus specifically.

There is an example recipe in the owl2skos.cfg configuration file for
transforming the DCMI Type vocabulary (which uses RDFS Classes to
represent the different types) into SKOS.

Best regards,
Osma

--
Osma Suominen | Osma.Suominen@tkk.fi | +358 40 5255 882
Aalto University, Department of Media Technology, Semantic Computing