Re: expressing simple bilingual word/phrase correspondences

From: Stephen Bounds <km@bounds.net.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 01:44:54 +0000
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Cc: SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi Danny,

SKOS allows multiple prefLabels as long as they are in different
languages, hence:

<rdf:RDF
   xmlns:skos="http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#">

   <skos:Concept rdf:about="http://www.example.com/concepts#magpie">
     <skos:prefLabel xml:lang="en">magpie</skos:prefLabel>
     <skos:prefLabel xml:lang="it">gazza</skos:prefLabel>
   </skos:Concept>
   <skos:Concept rdf:about="http://www.example.com/concepts#maid">
     <skos:prefLabel xml:lang="en">maid</skos:prefLabel>
     <skos:prefLabel xml:lang="it">signorina</skos:prefLabel>
   </skos:Concept>

</rdf:RDF>

should do what you want.

Cheers,