Re: translations for new properties

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 10:57:17 +0200, Bernard Vatant
<bernard.vatant@mondeca.com> wrote:

> Your "descargabile de la red" is more explicit than the english
> original, which seems to
> have been problematic also for the german translator. The same in french
> would be indeed
> "téléchargeable sur le Web" rather than "addressable".
>
> But since the range of skos:symbol is  dcmitype:image should not we
> stick to the definition given by DCMI?

I think not, for two reasons:

Alistair admitted to being "lazy" in writing the property, but the fact
that we have a lot of clues about what he meant to say, in my mind,
justifies us doing a good translation of what he meant, in order to
provide more guidance for people relying on the non-english version.

The second is that the presence of real text, not just a note about the
range, is that there might be something more than the minimum that can be
inferred from the range. For example we might read the note and thus not
be surprised when the property is "upgraded" to use a range of something
more tightly defined than dct:image

Such is my 2 cents, anyway...

cheers

Chaals