 From: Brand Niemann <bniemann@cox.net>
To: 'Mick Phythian' <mick.phythian@gmail.com>
Cc: 'Kris Dev' <krisdev@gmail.com>; paoladimaio10@googlemail.com; 'eGov IG (Public)' <public-egov-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Friday, May 4, 2012 9:04 AM
Subject: RE: what do you mean, e-gov?

Thanks. Well-said!

From:Mick Phythian [mailto:mick.phythian@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 9:10 AM
To: Brand Niemann
Cc: Kris Dev; paoladimaio10@googlemail.com; eGov IG (Public)

Brand

I love your 'Communities of Services', I'd just been drafting a similar illustration but of how they are now with no 'joins'. Structuration theory leads us to my model but it will take one massive leave to move it to yours. Part of the problem is governance - govern comes from the Greek 'kubernan' = 'to steer" but few holding the wheel will want to let go and it ether ends up with being steered by committee or zig-zagging all over.

We have the technology but I'm afraid we still need the culture...

Mick http://greatemancipator.com