Re: Washington Post op-ed on open government policies

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:35:46 -0400
To: "J.H. Snider" <snider@isolon.org>
cc: public-egov-ig@w3.org

> This list has been focusing on the nitty gritty of developing open
> government standards.  For a big picture, non-technical look at some of the
> public policy issues, you might be interested in my op-ed, Maryland's
> <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/17/AR201004170
> 2662.html>  Fake Open Government, published in yesterday's Washington Post.
> This is an abbreviated version of my essay, Deterring
> <http://www.iap2.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=429>  Fake Public
> Participation, published in the January 2010 issue of the International
> Journal of Public Participation.

Thanks for the pointer; that's a compelling peice.

Your mention of the Maryland legislative effort inspired me to create
this web page:

  http://www.w3.org/egov/wiki/Open_Government_Laws

Anyone who has links to those Maryland bills, or other such bills,
please add them.  I've started the page with the New York state one
we'll be talking about next week, and the US Federal HR 4858.

    -- Sandro