Re: Public Data Catalog Priorities and Demand

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:47:32 +0000
Cc: Antti Poikola <antti.poikola@gmail.com>, Steven Clift <clift@e-democracy.org>, public-egov-ig@w3.org, sunlightlabs@groups.google.com
To: Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray@okfn.org>
Hi Jonathan,

On 21 Dec 2009, at 10:24, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> FYI, we are currently looking at different ways of visually
> representing the CKAN data (for data.gov.uk) - from tag clouds to
> faceted browsing.

Small aside: We have a simple faceted browser over the data.gov
catalog, based on Simile Exhibit. It might give you a general idea of
the experience of faceted browsing over a data catalog. It's here:

http://lab.linkeddata.deri.ie/data.gov/

Back to lurk mode...

Richard

--
Linked Data Technologist  Linked Data Research Centre
Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI), NUI Galway, Ireland