Re: Public Data Catalog Priorities and Demand

From: Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray@okfn.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:37:20 +0000
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: Antti Poikola <antti.poikola@gmail.com>, Steven Clift <clift@e-democracy.org>, public-egov-ig@w3.org, sunlightlabs@groups.google.com, OKFN Help <okfn-help@lists.okfn.org>
Excellent - this looks great. I guess one of the main features I'd
really like to see in CKAN is one that Delicious currently has, which
allows you to query for, e.g. 'open data':

  http://delicious.com/tag/opendata

Then add 'statistics':

  http://delicious.com/tag/opendata+statistics

Then add 'uk':

  http://delicious.com/tag/opendata+statistics+uk

I think this is a really nice way of browsing, allowing for
serendipitous discovery (with suggestions of related tags on the right
hand side) as well as a simple URL structure.

Best wishes,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Gray