Re: [dxwg] DataService and DataDistributionService (#432)

From: Riccardo Albertoni via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 16:06:01 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I have noticed the following sentence in DCAT document
>"To extend the scope of service descriptions beyond data distribution services it is recommended to define additional sub-classes of dcat:DataService in a DCAT application profile or other DCAT application."

I wonder if we could be a little bit less restrictive here.  For example, in certain cases,  the proposal made by @andrea-perego  of having reference to external code list sounds like a very reasonable alternative to subclassing  ([see last night DCAT call](https://www.w3.org/2019/01/23-dxwgdcat-minutes.html))
Could we give both options as suggestion for extensions and let the users decide what is more suitable for them?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by riccardoAlbertoni
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/432#issuecomment-457252705 using your GitHub account