Re: [dxwg] DataService and DataDistributionService (#432)

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 02:54:54 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@agreiner I don't understand the problem. You asked if there was a useful distinction. I pointed out that a `DataDistributionService` is distinguished from a generic `DataService` by being bound to specified `Datasets`. Every `DataDistributionService` is a `DataService` but not vice-versa, so we can identify this subclass on the basis of all its members being tied to one or more `Datasets`. Since I can explain what distinguishes it from the more general case, the class exists.

I suppose the underlying issue might be whether that particular distinction merits a **named** class? My feeling was that `DataDistributionService` is useful because it preserves `DataService` as an extension point for other kinds of services that are _not_ bound to a specified `Dataset`.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/432#issuecomment-454249378 using your GitHub account