Re: [dxwg] Clarify scope of DCAT - Datasets, Distributions, Services?

From: Simon Cox via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 01:18:09 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
As with any other RDF vocabulary it is not in our power to control how people use it.

DCAT is designed to be primarily a model for catalogs of datasets, and now also dataservices, and that is what our documentation will describe. But individual classes and predicates in the DCAT namespace might find good use in other applications and I don't see how this could be wrong if it suits a purpose.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/172#issuecomment-391556665 using your GitHub account