W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-dwbp-wg@w3.org > May 2016

[Minutes] 2016-05-20

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 19:05:23 +0100
To: Public DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <e1f09d74-bfc2-24ea-ac78-8cfffc118970@w3.org>
The minutes of today's meeting are at 
https://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-minutes and copied below as text.

It is important that we seek and receive reviews of our newly published 
docs and get ready to record implementations.


       Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference

20 May 2016

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160520

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-irc

Attendees

    Present
           deirdrelee, hadleybeeman, phila, BernadetteLoscio,
           antoine, newton, riccardoAlbertoni, yaso, laufer

    Regrets
           EricS, Caroline, EricK

    Chair
           Deirdre

    Scribe
           phila

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Next steps
          2. [6]getting the word out
          3. [7]Issues
          4. [8]Actions
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      * [10]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <deirdrelee> scribe: phila

    <scribe> scribe: phila

    <scribe> scribenick: phila

    <deirdrelee> agenda:
    [11]https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160520

      [11] https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20160520

    deirdrelee: Quite a calm meeting after the last few weeks'
    work.
    ... Latest versions of all three docs have been published

    <deirdrelee> PROPOSED: Accept last week's minutes
    [12]https://www.w3.org/2016/05/13-dwbp-minutes

      [12] https://www.w3.org/2016/05/13-dwbp-minutes

    deirdrelee: So now we need to plann from here to the end which
    is soon

    +1

    <BernadetteLoscio> +1

    <hadleybeeman> +1

    <riccardoAlbertoni> +1

    <yaso> +'

    <yaso> +1

    <BernadetteLoscio> :)

    <newton> +1

    <deirdrelee> APPROVED: Accept last week's minutes
    [13]https://www.w3.org/2016/05/13-dwbp-minutes

      [13] https://www.w3.org/2016/05/13-dwbp-minutes

    REOLUTION: Accept last week's minutes
    [14]https://www.w3.org/2016/05/13-dwbp-minutes

      [14] https://www.w3.org/2016/05/13-dwbp-minutes

    -> [15]https://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp/ DWBP

      [15] https://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp/

    -> [16]https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dqv/ DQV

      [16] https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dqv/

    -> [17]https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-duv/ DUV

      [17] https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-duv/

    <BernadetteLoscio> :)

    -> [18]https://twitter.com/w3c/status/733303835737743360 W3C's
    tweet

      [18] https://twitter.com/w3c/status/733303835737743360

    <hadleybeeman> phil: More excitingly, the response we've had on
    twitter.

    <hadleybeeman> ...This particular tweet was RTed by someone at
    Bibliotheque National Francais... Phil Ashlock and data.gov.

    <BernadetteLoscio> that's great :)

    <hadleybeeman> ...We've had little interaction with them on
    this work, so I'm really pleased they are engaging.

    <hadleybeeman> ...The rest of us have got varying levels of
    support, which is also good.

    <hadleybeeman> ...Good reaction so far.

    deirdrelee: Before we go on... the comment from PY on content
    nego

    <hadleybeeman> phila: Yeah — there's nothing to negotiate. IN
    the namespace of both docs, at the moment, is just the TTL
    file.

    <deirdrelee>
    [19]https://twitter.com/pyvandenbussche/status/7336315311938846
    72

      [19] https://twitter.com/pyvandenbussche/status/733631531193884672

    <hadleybeeman> ...Yes, it would be good if there were an HTML
    representation of each as well. That's up to the editors.

    deirdrelee: Overall, congrats to everyone, especially the
    editors

Next steps

    <BernadetteLoscio> thanks a lot! we're really happy!

    <yaso> Muted, hadleybeeman :-)

    deirdrelee: Versions we now have are Last Call (sic)
    ... Need to get BP doc to CR
    ... 2 months is tight
    ... Call for comments incldues deadline of 12 June
    ... last 2 stages are to gather those final comments and then
    get implementation reports
    ... Don't have to be sequentially. We can gather reports now.
    ... Need a good process for handling comments.
    ... How to we address and record comments, record
    implementations

    BernadetteLoscio: ack b
    ... We're really happy with the results
    ... It was hard work but it was worth it. The doc looks really
    good.
    ... Much more stable. I don't expect big changes now.
    ... Some stuff we want to do. The example we want to add of a
    visualisation
    ... we didn't have time before now. Maybe some minor
    improvements
    ... As for process of recording comments. Do we need to use the
    tracker or can we use a differnet way?

    <newton> My suggestion is to use the github issue tracker

    <deirdrelee> phila: you don't have to use comment tracker

    <hadleybeeman> phila: What you did before was great.

    <deirdrelee> ...what you did for the previous comments in wiki
    is really good and structured

    phila: Things to record: the comment
    ... the commenter
    ... the resolution
    ... the implementation

    the message sent to the commentator

    scribe: and the reply...

    <hadleybeeman> phila: Hopefully we can also point to them
    saying "great thanks."

    <hadleybeeman> ...You're building up the Disposition of
    Comments, which is the most important thing the Director will
    want to see when we get to the Candidate Rec call.

    <hadleybeeman> ...That's a formal call that happens with the
    editors, the chairs, me and the Director (probably Philippe le
    Hagret)

    <hadleybeeman> ...This is how you get INTO CR.

    <hadleybeeman> ...He's checking the process has been met.
    Including wide review.

    BernadetteLoscio: I think we prefer the wiki as we did before

    phila: That's fine

    BernadetteLoscio: We'll need help to resolve some comments.
    ... We'll need to solve things between us.
    ... Before we reply to the commentator.
    ... It was great when we were preparing hte last draft as we
    had a lot of interqaction that made the process more productive
    ... I think we will need to have more discussions

    deirdrelee: Two other thimngs to decide today - how we're going
    top get these comments? What are our individual
    responsibilities?
    ... We need as many comments as possible. We ned to show that
    people have looked at it and are happy with it.
    ... We have 12/6 as the deadline. We can hope for comments from
    now onwards.
    ... So, everyone, how are going to plan promotion?
    ... ANd the time plan. How can we get this done?

    BernadetteLoscio: I think we should address the comments as
    soonas they arrive. We'll work in the coming weeks to do this.
    ... We don't want to wait until the end of the comment period.

getting the word out

    deirdrelee: Should we be more targeted?

    hadleybeeman: I'm looking through my mailing lists that I sent
    GLD LC e-mails to.

    <riccardoAlbertoni> +1 to deirdrelee

    deirdrelee: We need to not spam people. I'll create a wiki page
    to keep a record of where we're promoting this.
    ... Do we need a standard e-mail?

    <newton> +1

    BernadetteLoscio: I like the idea of a standard message.

    <scribe> ACTION: deirdrelee to draft standard e-mail that
    people can use to call for comments [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-minutes.html#action01]

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-280 - Draft standard e-mail that
    people can use to call for comments [on Deirdre Lee - due
    2016-05-27].

    laufer: I think the text in the W3C news item is pretty useful

    deirdrelee: I'll use that as the basis, and add the dates etc.

    hadleybeeman: I'd also suggest including a little one sentence
    of what each doc is meant to be that we can steal from the
    charter.

    <yaso> o/

    deirdrelee: It's up to all of us to promote it.
    ... retweet etc.

    hadleybeeman: I'll send round an e-mail with the lists I sent
    to.

    deirdrelee: Or the wiki page?

    hadleybeeman: Sure

    BernadetteLoscio: one question. If we send a message in Brazil,
    it's OK to be in Portguese.

    phila: Yes.

    laufer: Are you thinking of sending this message to...?

    <laufer> BernadetteLoscio: are you thinking in sending to the
    sbc list?

    BernadetteLoscio: We can have a standard message in PT

    <newton> @phila do you think it's ok to send it to the semantic
    web list? Or it's not a good idea, like the cfp.?

    <laufer> @BernadetteLoscio: if you will send to the sbc list I
    will not do so. I can send to the ihc list too.

    <newton> Ok ;)

    phila: Please don't ask me to send a mesage to semweb or lof
    lists ;-)

    deirdrelee: is it one cmapiagn for comments and implementations
    or two.

    riccardoAlbertoni: I'm all for multiple languages - but what
    about the replies?

    deirdrelee: If we get comments in PT then there'll be a
    translated record.

    <antoine> I would not put it in multiple languages. This is a
    lot of efforts, and for not much. If someone is not able to
    read the English email they won't be tempted by the (much much
    longer) English document.

    BernadetteLoscio: Having the same campaign - I think it's
    better to have two separate messages because we can be more
    focussed when we ask for implementations.
    ... I started a spreadsheet that we started in the f2F with
    names and contacts in institutions to aks for implementations

    <deirdrelee> not multiple languages antoine, only english and
    portuguese

    BernadetteLoscio: we were also discussing in April, we have
    calls about Web Services with Carol and Newton. The approach
    for asking for implementations is different so I'm for keeping
    them separate.

    <antoine> ok deirdrelee

    phila: No harm in saying that we'll be asking for
    implemenbtations

    <deirdrelee> s/implemnbtations/implementations

    phila: We need a clear idea what we mean by implementation for
    a BP.

    deirdrelee: The tests are there and area good starting point.
    ... We can see if they apply as implementations
    ... Some tests might be difficult but most are pretty clear.

    BernadetteLoscio: Maybe we can ask for examples
    ... They need to fill in a form? We can offer examples of what
    we mean?

    <BernadetteLoscio>
    [21]https://www.w3.org/2010/01/mwabp-implementation-report-temp
    late

      [21] https://www.w3.org/2010/01/mwabp-implementation-report-template

    BernadetteLoscio: The form - similar to the one that Mobile Web
    did

    phila: The table that recoreds implementations

    BernadetteLoscio: So we could provide examples on that page to
    help people

    <BernadetteLoscio> About each BP Completed relevant Mostly
    relevant Some what relevant Not relevant Overall What is your
    opinion on the BPs Are the BPs clear to read? Are the BPs
    easier or difficult to read? difficult ------ easier

    BernadetteLoscio: Our idea is to use this opprtunity to ask for
    things like
    ... Our idea is to also ask for implementayions and opinions,
    if they were relevant or not. Overall questions about the doc.
    ... Are they are clear, easy to read etc.
    ... That's not part of the CR process but it's an opportunity.
    ... We were thinking of sending a message explaining what we
    want
    ... If we have feedback from people saying they want to
    implement the Bps then we can send a form and follow up

    deirdrelee: For campaign no. 1 we'll kick that off now, asking
    for comments on all three docs.
    ... And say that we will soon be asking for implementation
    reports.
    ... We'll create a grid like the WMBP doc

    phila: I'd be inclined to create that grid ASAP and put it in
    the GH repo

    BernadetteLoscio: Yep.

    deirdrelee: We need to close all open issues and actions before
    CR

    <deirdrelee> [22]https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/open

      [22] https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/open

Issues

    issue-153?

    <trackbot> issue-153 -- Should open/closed data be addressed in
    the Data Usage Vocabulary? -- open

    <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/153

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/153

    BernadetteLoscio: Not sure what Eric meant. I'll talk to Eric
    about it.

    issue-221?

    <trackbot> issue-221 -- What is the importance of the alignment
    between hcls-dataset and dqv/duv? -- open

    <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/221

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/221

    riccardoAlbertoni: I think it's still open. I know antoine has
    had a discussion with one of the HCLS folks but we haven't yet
    solved this issue. Same applies to next issue. We have 2
    options and we have yet to decide which to follow.
    ... We can try and work on these next week.

    issue-234?

    <trackbot> issue-234 -- Role of Usage Tool -- open

    <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/234

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/234

    BernadetteLoscio: This is also sometehing I#m trying to find
    whetehr we have a resolution. Again, I need to talk to Eric.

    issue-251?

    <trackbot> issue-251 -- Open issues on Data Preservation
    Section -- open

    <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/251

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/issues/251

    deirdrelee: Are these things that we're looking for comments
    on?

    BernadetteLoscio: Yes, we can close these. We have comments on
    the wiki about that, changes in the doc etc. ahead of the
    yesterday's publication. We looked at all those
    ... We can include links from the comments table to prove it

    Topic; Actions

Actions

    <deirdrelee>
    [27]https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/open

      [27] https://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/open

    deirdrelee: Some of these are from the f2F and before

    action-148

    <trackbot> action-148 -- Yaso Córdova to Include a definition
    of 'a standard' in the glossary -- due 2016-04-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/148

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/148

    <yaso> it's done

    <yaso> I sent an email for the group with this

    BernadetteLoscio: I can't remember what the follow up was

    yaso: I sent an e-mail after the F2F. Don't remember if there
    was an answer.
    ... I used something from the Commission Core Vocs.

    deirdrelee: So will put in a link to your e-mail and close the
    action?

    <yaso>
    [29]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dwbp-wg/2016Mar
    /0143.html

      [29] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dwbp-wg/2016Mar/0143.html

    <yaso>
    [30]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dwbp-wg/2016Mar
    /0152.html

      [30] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-dwbp-wg/2016Mar/0152.html

    <yaso> antoine's reply

    <yaso> ok, no problem

    yaso: OK, I'll actually add the text to the Bp doc

    action-208?

    <trackbot> action-208 -- Antoine Isaac to Contact oa wg to see
    whether they would consider adding dqv motivation -- due
    2016-04-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/208

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/208

    <antoine> continues but now is the time :-)

    deirdrelee: Leave that open then

    action-210?

    <trackbot> action-210 -- Eric Stephan to Investigate the
    relationship between dqv and duv wrt citations that can be
    considered as a quality annotation -- due 2016-04-04 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/210

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/210

    riccardoAlbertoni: We didn't progress on that I think. That's
    one for Eric really
    ... Probably doesn't make sense anymore

    <antoine> [I prepared for this one!] We never had the time to
    really wrap up this. And I don’t know if I’m tempted. There was
    a sentence on how on DUV and DQV follow another BP, but it’s
    been removed in the last edits because it made the text already
    too long. Where would the paragraph in action-227 sit?

    riccardoAlbertoni: for me it can be closed. I can write to Eric
    and ask if it can be closed.

    <antoine> oops sorry wrong ACTION:-)

    action-227?

    <trackbot> action-227 -- Antoine Isaac to Work with eric s on
    writing section on evolution of duv wrt reuse of namespaces
    etc. -- due 2016-04-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/227

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/227

    action-229?

    <trackbot> action-229 -- Phil Archer to Send bp editors
    implementation-questionaire template -- due 2016-03-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/229

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/229

    phila: Happy to turn that into helping with the new CR
    implemenation grid doc

    close action-229

    <trackbot> Closed action-229.

    <scribe> ACTION: phila to work on implementation grid [recorded
    in [35]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-minutes.html#action02]

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-281 - Work on implementation grid [on
    Phil Archer - due 2016-05-27].

    action-231?

    <trackbot> action-231 -- Annette Greiner to Talk to eric wilde
    about open comments and reach resolution -- due 2016-02-19 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot> [36]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/231

      [36] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/231

    BernadetteLoscio: Annete spoke to him. We sent several messages
    but he didn't reply. I don't think there's more we can do.

    deirdrelee: Are the comments closed?

    BernadetteLoscio: We sent several messages, resolutions etc. No
    reply.

    close action-231

    <trackbot> Closed action-231.

    <riccardoAlbertoni> I think we can close Action-251 ..

    action-233?

    <trackbot> action-233 -- Newton Calegari to Check if the turtle
    and rdfa examples are validated -- due 2016-04-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [37]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/233

      [37] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/233

    BernadetteLoscio: We did this for the last draft

    close action-233

    <trackbot> Closed action-233.

    action-249?

    <trackbot> action-249 -- Caroline Burle to Answer comment 3051
    from eric wilde
    ([38]https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/68239/wd-dw
    bp-20150224/3051) -- due 2016-03-21 -- OPEN

      [38] 
https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/68239/wd-dwbp-20150224/3051)

    <trackbot> [39]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/249

      [39] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/249

    action-239;?

    <trackbot> action-239 -- Peter Winstanley to Check on using an
    example about real-time data for bp23 -- due 2016-03-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [40]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/239

      [40] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/239

    deirdrelee: I think he did that which is related to my actions

    BernadetteLoscio: Yep, we have an example now

    close action-239

    <trackbot> Closed action-239.

    action-249

    <trackbot> action-249 -- Caroline Burle to Answer comment 3051
    from eric wilde
    ([41]https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/68239/wd-dw
    bp-20150224/3051) -- due 2016-03-21 -- OPEN

      [41] 
https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/68239/wd-dwbp-20150224/3051)

    <trackbot> [42]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/249

      [42] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/249

    BernadetteLoscio: That was answered

    close action-249

    <trackbot> Closed action-249.

    action-250

    <trackbot> action-250 -- Newton Calegari to Update the config
    on respec with the public mailing address and answer comment
    lc-3062
    ([43]https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/68239/wd-dw
    bp-20150625/3062) -- due 2016-03-21 -- OPEN

      [43] 
https://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/68239/wd-dwbp-20150625/3062)

    <trackbot> [44]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/250

      [44] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/250

    BernadetteLoscio: That was done

    close action-250

    <trackbot> Closed action-250.

    riccardoAlbertoni: action-251 can be closed as I have provided
    an example to Eric

    close action-251

    <trackbot> Closed action-251.

    action-264?

    <trackbot> action-264 -- Phil Archer to Ensure that the bp doc
    refers to the example for representing precision and accuracy
    in the dqv -- due 2016-03-21 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [45]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/264

      [45] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/264

    action-275

    <trackbot> action-275 -- Deirdre Lee to Help with the example
    of bp [46]http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#documentyourapi --
    due 2016-05-06 -- OPEN

      [46] http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#documentyourapi

    <trackbot> [47]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/275

      [47] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/275

    deirdrelee: I did that

    close action-275

    <trackbot> Closed action-275.

    action-276

    <trackbot> action-276 -- Deirdre Lee to Enhance the examples
    and incorporate some of the things we discussed today -- due
    2016-05-06 -- OPEN

    <trackbot> [48]http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/276

      [48] http://www.w3.org/2013/dwbp/track/actions/276

    deirdrelee: I did that too

    close action-276

    <trackbot> Closed action-276.

    <BernadetteLoscio> ok ;)

    deirdrelee: More of the same next week folks
    ... I'll get a draft e-mail and mailing list sorted

    <laufer> bye all. happy weekend.

    <BernadetteLoscio> thanks!!!

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: deirdrelee to draft standard e-mail that people
    can use to call for comments [recorded in
    [49]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: phila to work on implementation grid [recorded in
    [50]http://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-minutes.html#action02]

      [49] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-minutes.html#action01
      [50] http://www.w3.org/2016/05/20-dwbp-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________
Received on Friday, 20 May 2016 18:05:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 20 May 2016 18:05:26 UTC