Re: Review of BP Enable Data Subsetting

Hi all,

I think that subsetting is an important subject and we should talk about
it. However, I don't agree with keeping the BP [1]. I agree with Laufer
that the "Possible Approach of Implementation" is too narrow and it should
be improved. I also think that it's gonna be really hard to test this BP
because the "How to test" is also very subjective.

"Compare your assessment of the expected use cases and check that each of
the subsets that you expect to be requested can be returned from a single
identifier. Check also that the granularity of subsetting is consistent
throughout the dataset."

How someone can identify each one of the subsets that are expected to be
requested? What is a subset? What is the granularity of subsetting?

I think that if we're gonna use these terms than they should have a "more
concrete" definition.

Cheers,
Berna

[1] http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#EnableDataSubsetting