Re: DQV, ISO 19115/19157 and GeoDCAT-AP - metadata on metadata quality

Hi, Antoine.

On 07/03/2016 11:45, Antoine Isaac wrote:

> [snip]
>
> These are useful points. I have added a scoping note in the intro for
> DQV, hoping it captures that it is possible to use DQV to express
> statements about the quality of metadata itself:
> http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/vocab-dqg.html#intro
>
> I hope it will be enough. As INSPIRE Geoportal is not in our original
> use cases, it may be a bit tricky to add a reference to it, without
> adding a complete example, which could be too much in the current DQV
> document.

+1 :)

> Note that we could also add a note about this in the Best Practices
> document, for example when we talk about quality of data:
> http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#quality
>
> My issue is that if we do this, then perhaps all best practices that are
> stated to apply to the data should also be stated for the metadata.
>
> Well, actually I have tried to do this for the two BPs I curate:
> http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#dataVocabularies ("Use standardized
> terms") and ("Reuse vocabularies")
> But fitting this aspect in the entire document properly is way beyond
> what I can offer myself here!

Just thinking aloud, but I wonder whether a scoping note could be added
to the metadata BP (http://w3c.github.io/dwbp/bp.html#metadata). As the
very first BP, it is probably the right place to add such a general
statement / caveat.

Cheers,

Andrea