Re: Mysterious changing property headers

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 16:04:58 +0000
To: Eric Stephan <ericphb@gmail.com>, Public DWBP WG <public-dwbp-wg@w3.org>
Headings, numbering, W3C boilerplate etc, is all written in my ReSpec.
So if you write:

<section id="foo">
   <h3>This is a level 3 header</h3>
   <section id="bar">
     <h1>This is a really important header</h1>
   </section>
</section>

ReSpec will change that so that the hn element always matches the
nesting so it would rewrite that as:

<section id="foo">
   <h1>This is a level 3 header</h1>
   <section id="bar">
     <h2>This is a really important header</h2>
   </section>
</section>

HTML validation can help spot these things (https://validator.w3.org).

All the numbering, the ToC, the heading levels is all controlled by
RePSec - that, I hope, will help you spend less time fighting!

Phil

--

Phil Archer
W3C Data Activity Lead