Having SIP issues?

From: Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2017 18:29:07 +0000
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
I found a couple of fixes to irritants I experienced when using SIP on the
last call. I updated the github page:
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/w3c-ccg.github.io/blob/master/connecting.md.

The highlights are some Linphone configuration steps:

   1. Set your display name, which will be displayed in IRC.
      - In Linphone it's under Linphone > Preferences > SIP accounts >
      Default identity
   2. Update your settings to use a random SIP port (this will help avoid
   annoying calls)
      - In Linphone it's under Linphone > Preferences > Network > Network
      protocol and Ports

#1 will help avoid the identification chaos from last call. #2 will help
prevent what is probably bot dials (I got calls every minute or so, which
was what led to me playing hold music for everyone...)

-- Kim
--
Kim Hamilton Duffy
Principal Engineer | Learning Machine + MIT Media Lab

kim@learningmachine.com | kimhd@mit.edu
425-652-0150 | LearningMachine.com