W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digital-verification@w3.org > September 2017

[AGENDA] W3C Credentials CG Call Tue, Sep 12th 12 ET

From: Kim Hamilton Duffy <kim@learningmachine.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 17:59:05 +0000
Message-ID: <CAB=TY84cyvT07VZ3X=+fECf1OCF-QN6VmM_AGWgHu1TAywPgvQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
TL;DR Moving DID Spec toward a proof/capabilities model

NEXT MEETING:

Tuesday, September 12th, 2017
Time: 12pm Boston, 9am Pacific, 16:00 GMT
Text Chat: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg
           irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#ccg
Voice: See updated instructions:
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/w3c-ccg.github.io/blob/master/connecting.md
           sip:ccg@96.89.14.196
           tel:+1-540-961-4469;ext=6306 <(540)%20961-4469> (extension 6306)
Duration: 60 minutes
Scribes: https://goo.gl/WVHuDh

This is a joint meeting of the Credentials and Digital Verification
Community Groups. It is held immediately after the Verifiable Claims WG
call. Anyone may participate in these community group calls — you do not
need to be a W3C member.

Minutes from last call: coming soon

PROPOSED AGENDA:
1. Agenda Review (3 minutes)
2. Introductions & Re-Introduction (3 minutes)
- Re-Introduction is a regular agenda item, where each week we ask a
longer-term member to re-introduce themselves to more recent members.
3. Status of Current Action Items (5 minutes)
- All: Quick checkin with current work items
- Kim: Finish propagating new name and mission statement [DUE 2017-09-07]
- Manu: Action item to follow up with Dan from EOS
- Manu: Send Journalist outreach  to mosesm [DONE]
- TPAC Meeting (chairs)
4. DID (45 minutes)
- Discuss the changes required to the DID spec to switch toward a
proofs/capabilities model for how our permissions work rather than the
existing DID 1.0 proposal.
- Part of the timing of this is so that that we can update our prototypes
in time for #RebootingWebOfTrust on Oct 3-5.
- The relevant issues are:
- https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/15
- https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/11
- https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/10
- https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/4
- https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/6
- https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/7
- https://github.com/w3c-ccg/did-spec/issues/8
5. Action items and suggestions for next week agenda  (3 minutes)

— Christopher Allen & Kim Hamilton Duffy, co-chairs
-- 
Kim Hamilton Duffy
CTO & Principal Architect Learning Machine
Co-chair W3C Credentials Community Group
400 Main Street Building E19-732, Cambridge, MA 02139

kim@learningmachine.com | kimhd@mit.edu
425-652-0150 | LearningMachine.com
Received on Saturday, 9 September 2017 17:59:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Saturday, 9 September 2017 17:59:39 UTC