W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digital-verification@w3.org > September 2017

[AGENDA] W3C Credentials CG Call Tue, Sep 5th 12 ET

From: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@blockstream.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 21:36:34 +0000
Message-ID: <CA+HTxFejnLPKik7gx1vCD0vkaYsNNrHcpL_u3kH27y8Yvks_tA@mail.gmail.com>
To: "W3C Credentials CG (Public List)" <public-credentials@w3.org>, "W3C Digital Verification CG (Public List)" <public-digital-verification@w3.org>
TL;DR ActivityPub and Mastodon; DID Discussion of Entity Profile and
holder/subject relationships

NEXT MEETING:

Tuesday, September 5th, 2017
Time: 12pm Boston, 9am Pacific, 16:00 GMT
Text Chat: http://irc.w3.org/?channels=ccg
           irc://irc.w3.org:6665/#ccg
Voice: See updated instructions:
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/w3c-ccg.github.io/blob/master/connecting.md
           sip:ccg@96.89.14.196
           tel:+1-540-961-4469;ext=6306 (extension 6306)
Duration: 60 minutes
Scribes: https://goo.gl/WVHuDh

This is a joint meeting of the Credentials and Digital Verification
Community Groups. It is held immediately after the Verifiable Claims WG
call. Anyone may participate in these community group calls — you do not
need to be a W3C member.

Minutes from last call: https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2017-08-29/

PROPOSED AGENDA:
1. Agenda Review (3 minutes)
2. Introductions & Re-Introduction (3 minutes)
- Re-Introduction is a regular agenda item, where each week we ask a
longer-term member to re-introduce themselves to more recent members.
3. Status of Current Action Items (5 minutes)
- All: Quick checkin with current work items
- Kim: Finish propagating new name and mission statement [DUE 2017-09-07]
- Manu: has action item to follow up with Dan from EOS [?]
- TPAC Meeting
4. ActivityPub and Mastodon (15 minutes; Christopher Webber)
- ActivityPub is a specification that provides a linked data foundation for
decentralized social networks.
- Mastodon is a decentralized social network which will begin rolling out
the start of ActivityPub support to its users in its upcoming release.
- RWOT paper:
https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rebooting-the-web-of-trust-fall2017/blob/master/topics-and-advance-readings/activitypub-decentralized-distributed.md
5. DID Checkin (30 minutes; All)
- Entities: how did, ddo, vc, etc come together to form an Entity Profile
- Credentials group has to ensure we support holder == subject and holder
!= subject
https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/68
6. Action items and suggestions for next week agenda  (3 minutes)

— Christopher Allen & Kim Hamilton Duffy, co-chairs
Received on Saturday, 2 September 2017 21:37:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Saturday, 2 September 2017 21:37:11 UTC