W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > February 2014

[admin] Agenda - Distributed Meeting 13 February 2014 (resend corrected date)

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 01:38:41 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <2C60059A-6F6A-4E97-984F-2E715FF72C6B@nokia.com>
Agenda — Device APIs Working Group — Distributed Meeting 13 February 2014 (resend with corrected date)

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements


2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 6 February 2014

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/att-0020/minutes-2014-02-06.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from  6 February 2014 are approved

3) Network Service Discovery

Discussion held with WebAppSec WG, 12 Feb, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2014Feb/0029.html

raw minutes http://www.w3.org/2014/02/12-webappsec-minutes.html#item03

Proposal: Publish updated WD: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0026.html

feedback: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0022.html , http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0024.html

4) Vibration

LC 3 published, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-vibration-20140211/

ends 4 March 2014

thread on public-web-mobile, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-mobile/2014Feb/0016.html

5) Network Information

Publish as Note? I would prefer to first update as we’ve discussed for a publication even as a Note, since it has more agreement than previously published version thoughts?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0023.html

6) Action Review

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open

ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

Pending actions

ACTION-679: Frederick Hirsch to Arrange publication of vibration LC 3

ACTION-680: Frederick Hirsch to Follow up on webappsec review

7) Open Issues

ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128 

ISSUE-130 : Enable variety of protocols (e.g. UPnP, Bonour) with protocol independent developer code ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/130 

ISSUE-131 : Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131 

ISSUE-133 : Fix UPnP events subscription and unsubscription ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/133 

ISSUE-147 : Reference 'Requirements for Home Networking Scenarios' in Introduction ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/147 

ISSUE-148 : NetworkService.name definition in 8.2.2.4 incoherent with definition in 7.1 (a human-readable title for the service) ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/148 

ISSUE-151 : USN should not be used as device identifier ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/151 

ISSUE-154 : Security approach ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/154 

8)  Other Business

9) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 
irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap

Instructions on meetings : 
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Thursday, 13 February 2014 01:40:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:54:02 UTC