W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > September 2013

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 19 Sept 2013 (Thursday)

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 05:20:40 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <031186E7-703C-4356-85A8-4706CAFE740D@nokia.com>
(Reminder, meeting is on Thursday, usual time slot.)

Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting 19 September 2013

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

IBM joined group, Lisa Seacat DeLuca, welcome.

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 4 September 2013 

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Sep/att-0013/minutes-2013-09-04.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 4 September 2013 are approved

3) Proximity and Light

CfC concluded, next step is to publish

4) Vibration

open ISSUES

proposed resolution for iframe handling: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Sep/0019.html

Question/Comment on CR draft: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jul/0050.html

Question Vibration and iframes, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jul/0055.html

Question: Vibration strength http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0040.html

Supporting strength (Marcos) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0062.html

5)  Network Discovery

WD publication planned for Tue

Web & TV IG review, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0063.html

Re-Opened ISSUE-130, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0053.html (discuss next week 4 Sept)

ISSUE-131 comment, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Aug/0066.html (Tatsuya Igarashi )

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Sep/0025.html (proposal)

friendly name
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Sep/0026.html

6) Web Notifications Last Call

Review requested

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Sep/0024.html

7) Action Review

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open

ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

ACTION-642: Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to Review proximity and ambient light test cases

ACTION-645: Frederick Hirsch to Share Network Service Discovery editors draft with PING

ACTION-652: Anssi Kostiainen to Make proposal on list regarding multiple vibration api invocations in frames for vibration

ACTION-654: Jean-Claude Dufourd to Propose text for network service discovery to define wildcard api and feature detection

ACTION-655: Anssi Kostiainen to Update test for light :https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/rev/916dbd5920d8

ACTION-656: Anssi Kostiainen to Update proximity test for https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/rev/a6ad49819c41

ACTION-657: Anssi Kostiainen to Revise battery tests for idlharness, find qa person to help

Pending Review

ACTION-646: Frederick Hirsch to Organize joint call with web and tv group re network service discovery

ACTION-653: Frederick Hirsch to Create issues for vibration questions

8) Issue Review

Network Service Discovery and Proximity/Light issues listed earlier in agenda.

ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128 

ISSUE-130 : Enable variety of protocols (e.g. UPnP, Bonour) with protocol independent developer code ; on [Network Service Discovery]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/130 

ISSUE-131 : Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131 

ISSUE-133 : Fix UPnP events subscription and unsubscription ; on [Network Service Discovery]  http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/133 

ISSUE-134 : Rename NetworkServices and NetworkService events ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/134  

 close, addressed with most recent changes.

ISSUE-146 : Add vibration strength control ; on [Vibration API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/146 

ISSUE-147 : Reference 'Requirements for Home Networking Scenarios' in Introduction ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/147 

ISSUE-148 : NetworkService.name definition in 8.2.2.4 incoherent with definition in 7.1 (a human-readable title for the service) ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/148 

ISSUE-149 : handling of long vibration list - truncate or no vibration at all ; on [Vibration API]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/149 

ISSUE-150 : Should vibration be additive when multiple instances, e.g. iframes ; on [Vibration API]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/150 

ISSUE-151 : USN should not be used as device identifier ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/151

9)  Other Business


10) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 
irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap

Instructions on meetings : 
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 05:27:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:54:00 UTC