W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > April 2013

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 24 April 2013

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:56:38 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <1CB2E0B458B211478C85E11A404A2B2701A40526@008-AM1MPN1-034.mgdnok.nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting  24 April 2013

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

Reminder, June F2F has been canceled, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0035.html

Updated WD of Network Service Discovery has been published on 4 April, see http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-discovery-api-20130404/

Media Capture TF update, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0000.html

Welcome to new DAP participants, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0016.html

No call next week on 1 May, next call is 8 May.

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 27 March 2013 


proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 27 March 2013 are approved

3) CfC to move tests to Git


proposed RESOLUTION: Move DAP tests to Git per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0011.htm4

4) Proximity Constructor

Constructor, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0008.html

resolution - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0028.html

5) Proximity - Unrestricted double, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0009.html

resolution -  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0027.html

6) Vibration -  Throw and Pause


7) Vibration - Introduction clarification


8) Proximity & Light - two events?


proposed resolution - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0043.html

9) Proximity & Light - Overall API comment


10) Network Service Discovery

prefix issue , http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0054.html (Jean-Claude)

11) Network Information API Comments



12) DOM Futures


13) TPAC & F2F Planning

11-15 November is TPAC, in Shenzhen, China. 

Should DAP plan to meet in China at TPAC?

14) Action Review


ACTION-446: Frederick Hirsch to Review security issue http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Aug/0006.html

ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

ACTION-591: Greg Billock to Work with Mounir and James to create new webintents draft that reflects web activities and issues

ACTION-621: Anssi Kostiainen to Create test cases for HTML Media Capture

ACTION-622: Frederick Hirsch to Follow up on concrete actions based on PING input

ACTION-624: Richard Tibbett to Prepare WD of Network Service Discovery for publication, including link and validity checks


Close pending review items

ACTION-474: Adrian Bateman to Make a proposal for Network Information API

ACTION-623: Frederick Hirsch to Prepare transition request for HTML Media Capture

15) Issue Review

[OPEN] ISSUE-127 : Status section of Battery CR draft should include exit criteria and at-risk items 

[OPEN] ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API] 

16)  Other Business

No call next week on 1 May, next call is 8 May.

17) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 

Instructions on meetings : 

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Tuesday, 23 April 2013 20:57:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:53:59 UTC