Re: [capture] HTML Media Capture implementor's feedback

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 21:18:10 +0300
To: "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi All,

On 11.5.2012, at 14.37, ext Anssi Kostiainen wrote:

> I'll continue the work baking in implementors' feedback, but I'll give a bit more time for the discussion to settle before doing other substantial changes.

First of all, thanks for all the feedback to date!

As promised, here's the updated editor's draft:

  http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/

It reflect the implementors' feedback received to date, and aligns with the known implementations.

Also, this draft tries to align more closely with the HTML5 spec and re-use its terminology, concepts, and microsyntaxes. After trimming off parts that were implemented by nobody, the draft lost much of its weight. All this meant that I basically rewrote the draft (or what was left of it, not much).

Here's the diff to the previous version:

  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/camera/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.126;r2=1.127;f=h

... but I think it is more helpful to compare the ED to the latest (old) WD:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html-media-capture-20110414/

Let me know what you think. I'd be especially happy if implementors would take a look at it.

-Anssi