Re: [sensors] the near/far event names

On 14/05/2012 15:19, Doug Turner wrote:
> Use case:
>
> Games -  I want to be able to control some aspect of a game based on the value (not near and far).
I was unable to find any game that used a proximity sensor like this.
This is a hypothetical use case that currently does not exist on mobile
devices. I'm not saying it is not a valid case, just that no one has
demonstrated this on any mobile device (or even if it would help or not
better be done with camera tracking).
>   For example, I want to control the position of a ball based on how far the user's hand is away from the sensor.
You can't rely on it because the hand could be bent at an angle (thus
radiation would be difference at the same distance).
> We are going around and around.  There are clearly people asking for both actually values and near/far.  We should support both.
Agree. But can we do them as separate specs? (i.e., "User Proximity" and
"General Proximity Sensor")?