Re: [capture] HTML Media Capture implementor's feedback

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 13:55:24 +0300
Cc: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>, Ilkka Oksanen <Ilkka.Oksanen@nokia.com>, ext Adam Barth <abarth@webkit.org>
To: ext Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Hi Jonas,

On 10.5.2012, at 10.57, ext Jonas Sicking wrote:

> What did they actually implement if they didn't implement the new IDL
> interfaces?

The capture attribute. I guess Adam meant to say that "we don't have any plans to implement the WebIDL interfaces" other than the following (Adam, correct me if I'm wrong):

[Supplemental] interface HTMLInputElement {
    attribute DOMString capture;
};

> We've also implemented capture support for <input type=file> Mobile
> Firefox (it's available in nightlies), but our support didn't use the
> DAP spec at all, just plain HTML5 (or HTML4 even if you're just
> submitting the picture using a <form>).

And now we've got some more implementor's feedback, thanks Jonas! Keep it coming.

Now I'd be especially interested in hearing your feedback re the capture attribute.

-Anssi