Re: System Level APIs draft proposal

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 17:21:44 +0200
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: "Tran, Dzung D" <dzung.d.tran@intel.com>
Hi,

On Apr 30, 2012, at 18:07 , Tran, Dzung D wrote:
> We had a System Info API and that was abandoned, so my question is what would be our approach going forward to ensure that all the efforts do not get abandoned? Also, in this draft proposal, you mentioned about Sensor API, but we have a draft of Sensor API now. Would this Sensor API spec be rolled into the System Level APIs?

I think that all that was covered in SysInfo is actually covered in this charter, but if you have concerns on specific topics I'd be happy to look through them.

Concerning Sensors, I'm playing it safe by adding it to the SL group. If it turns out at the end of the day that DAP can happily handle all the useful cases in a browser-safe way, then I'm sure everyone will be happy with that. But if that's not the case, I'm pretty sure that people will be happy to know that they can move the API to SL instead!