Re: [vibration] Exceptions no longer exist in WebIDL

From: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 11:58:23 +0200
Cc: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
To: ext Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Hi,

On 8.2.2012, at 17.13, ext Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote:

> The LC WD of the vibration API uses exceptions for cases where the
> requested vibration is too long.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-vibration-20120202/
>
> But WebIDL has removed support for raising exceptions in its syntax.
>
>        In prose, an exception of a particular type can be thrown by
>        using wording like the following:
>
>            Throw a DOMException of type HierarchyRequestError with
>        message “Cannot append that Node here”.
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#idl-exceptions

Thanks to Robin this issue fixed itself :)

Throwing an exception and the NotSupportedError are defined in DOM4, so I guess the following terse wording should be enough:

[[

... the user agent MAY throw a NotSupportedError exception [DOM4] ...

]]

> Also, there should be a normative reference to WebIDL.

I added a normative reference by adding the usual Web IDL boilerplate to the Conformance section.

Thanks for the review and comments Dom!

Diff:

  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/vibration/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.16;r2=1.17;f=h