Re: Getting browser vendors involved prior to basing work on their products/ideas

Hi Bryan --

I absolutely agree with you with regard to the IP provenance of inputs into
the group.  Ideally these organizations should join the group.  However, if
APIs are coming from non-(group)-members or even from non-w3c-members there
is a precedent for submitters to make a separate royalty-free commitment
regarding their submissions.

Dan