Re: Getting browser vendors involved prior to basing work on their products/ideas

From: Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group <Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:19:24 +0200
To: "W3C DAP" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Hi Bryan --

I absolutely agree with you with regard to the IP provenance of inputs into
the group.  Ideally these organizations should join the group.  However, if
APIs are coming from non-(group)-members or even from non-w3c-members there
is a precedent for submitters to make a separate royalty-free commitment
regarding their submissions.

Dan