Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-06-23

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 2:36 PM,  <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:
> Agenda — Device APIs and Policy Working Group — Distributed Meeting  #33  2010-06-23
> 11) APIs - SysInfo
>
> Status
>
> 12) Capture...

Under items 11 and 12, please add these questions from ACTION-191 to the agenda:

11.A. At http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/#widl-AudioCodecAttributes-compFormat
should "compFormat" be "compFormats"?  Accordingly, in interface
AudioCodecAttributes, should "attribute DOMString compFormat;" be
"attribute DOMString[] compFormats;"?

11.B. Should compFormats be a comma- and/or space-separated list of
MIME types instead of free form?

11.C. Should the examples for AudioCodecAttributes' compFormats be
"audio/x-speex;quality=7;bitrate=16000, audio/ogg" instead of
"'G.711', 'MP3', "MIDI'" (which includes encumbered types)?

11.D. In interface VideoCodecAttributes, should "attribute boolean
hwAccel;" be "attribute boolean[] hwAccel;"?

11.E. Should the examples for VideoCodecAttributes' compFormats be
"video/x-webm video/ogg" instead of "'H.264' or 'Theora'"?

11.F. At http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/#idl-def-MicrophoneAttributes
(interface MicrophoneAttributes) should "attribute DOMString name;"
and "attribute DOMString types;" be included as the addressable
microphone device name and MIME types available from it, respectively?

11.G. Similarly, at
http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/#idl-def-CameraAttributes
(interface CameraAttributes) should "attribute DOMString name;" and
"attribute DOMString types;" be included as the addressable camera
device name and MIME types available from it, respectively?

11.H. Is "image/png video/x-webm ..." a good example set of camera types?

12.A. At http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/camera/#widl-FormatData-type
should "A valid MIME type for WAV sound file is audio/x-wav." be
changed to "A valid MIME type for speech is audio/x-speex"?

Thank you.  I think these changes have been approved, but I understand
I may have been too terse in ACTION-191.

Sincerely,
James Salsman