Re: "HTML Media Capture" prepared for publication

From: James Salsman <jsalsman@talknicer.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:09:15 -0700
To: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: James Salsman <jsalsman@talknicer.com>, public-device-apis@w3.org
Whether it's a good idea to ask permission for buffered device uploads seems
to depend on whether we are reasonably able to disallow
[onchanged=]form.submit() and similar un-buffering operations.  I'm in favor
of doing so. Is anyone opposed to that?

On Jul 19, 2010 1:58 AM, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org> wrote:

(dropping other ccs for now)

Le samedi 17 juillet 2010 à 14:02 -0700, James Salsman a écrit :

> Furthermore I hope the security considerations sections will soon
> include a summary of the langu...
Given the focus of the document being discussed, there is no such a
thing as remembered permissions grants: the permission is a one-time
permission, and only granted to pick a file from the system (as a
traditional file picker would); the only difference is that beyond the
traditional picking from the filesystem, you can also choose to get a
file from one of the capture devices of the terminal.

The reliance on shutter/record keys would be for the programmatic API,
which is not the one being discussed on this thread.

Dom