Re: "HTML Media Capture" prepared for publication

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:58:52 +0200
To: James Salsman <jsalsman@talknicer.com>
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
(dropping other ccs for now)

Le samedi 17 juillet 2010 à 14:02 -0700, James Salsman a écrit :
> Furthermore I hope the security considerations sections will soon
> include a summary of the language we've discussed about prompting for
> device access with the option for remembered choices for permission
> grants, along with a way to override and respond to such prompts with
> device buttons like a shutter key and/or a record key.

Given the focus of the document being discussed, there is no such a
thing as remembered permissions grants: the permission is a one-time
permission, and only granted to pick a file from the system (as a
traditional file picker would); the only difference is that beyond the
traditional picking from the filesystem, you can also choose to get a
file from one of the capture devices of the terminal.

The reliance on shutter/record keys would be for the programmatic API,
which is not the one being discussed on this thread.

Dom