Re: APIs Design patterns

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:00:42 +0100
To: Marcin Hanclik <Marcin.Hanclik@access-company.com>
Cc: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Le jeudi 19 novembre 2009 à 09:34 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux a
écrit :
> I think we could discuss similarly most of the issues that have been
> raised as “APIs - General” in Tracker [2]; for instance:
> • Cancellable asynchronous operations (when are they useful? possible?
> common WebIDL pattern?) [ISSUE-3]
> [...]

One more to which we come back again and again:
• Pros and cons of well-known properties vs open namespaced vocabularies
to acess data? (this applies to Calendar in our discussions on adopting
iCalendar, Contacts on vCard vs PoCo, SysInfo, Gallery, …)

Dom